Named after the Māori word for ‘to sit, to dwell’, Noho Architecture takes a holistic and considered approach to residential design. We create comfortable and healing homes that are resource and energy efficient, and we love working with clients to turn houses into dream homes.
Noho understand the magnitude of each clients’ investment, both financial and emotional, and we position ourselves as an expert guides, steering clients through what might appear to be a daunting process.
Owner and founder Justine Money draws upon years of experience and technical knowledge to guide clients through the myriad challenges of her five stage design-to-delivery program, to ultimately hand over homes that exceed the brief, and which her clients love spending time in.
How We Can Help
Together we help you create a brief.
We complete initial sketch designs and work through options with you.
Once schematic design is complete we review the design against the budget.
Together the design is developed further.
On completion a comprehensive drawing and documentation package is created.
We collaborate with expert consultants to ensure a smooth submission to the local authority.
Upon authority approval our team works to bring a complete construction package together ready for Construction Certificate and the builder tender process.
If you wish we can assist you with your selection of builder. We can put out tenders or cost negotiations.
If you wish we have the capacity to administer the contract between yourselves and the building contractor.
Making your journey through construction a less time consuming process.
What People Say
I bought a property with a pretty clear vision of what I wanted to do with it but Justine improved on this and made the final product look ten times better than I ever imaged. She was there with ideas and examples every step of the way to guide myself and the builder (that she helped me choose) right to the end. If I ever do another house she will definitely be the first person I call.Bilal, Zyan House Owner
Justine has just completed a kitchen renovation (which included increasing the size of the room by 100%) with the building of an additional sun room of my old Terrace house. The outcome that she has achieved was even better than my expectation. The design and flow of the room is fantastic, the small details that she included make such a big difference. She also looked after project management of the job which ensured the whole process was un-stressful as she was on top of everything. Would be happy to recommend her as would be an asset to anyone’s project.Kathryn, Newtown Renovation
Keen to ensure that Noho’s future projects will minimise their environmental impact on the planet – and deliver lifecycle savings to clients – Justine was awarded a scholarship to complete the Passive House Design Course, which she successfully completed in October 2019.
This latest qualification positions her as a leader in the design and delivery of sustainable homes and buildings, with a focus on human comfort and health; energy and resource efficiency; and affordable design and construction costs.
Decisive advantages of a Passive House building:
- High levels of comfort
- Consistent supply of fresh air throughout the entire building
- Structural longevity: mould free buildings with a significantly reduced risk of moisture damage
- Extremely low heating + cooling costs, despite rising energy prices
- A radically improved indoor environment
More articles on Passive House coming soon, or please reach out if you require more information.
- we are moving!We are excited to let you know that Noho is expanding and we are in need of more space! Our office will be moving from Ramsgate to Kogarah on the 1st May. We will be new neighbours to Kafe Neo on Rocky Point Road, so pop in next time you grab your coffee and checkContinue reading “we are moving!”
- zyan house interior completeExcited to announce that Manly house is almost completed. Here are some photos from a recent site visit.
- manly .. internal liningsWith the structure and windows now in place the project is moving into the lining of the inside and outside skins. Cedar cladding in progress.